One lightweight backpack, day pack or clear backpack, approximately 18 X 18 X 4 inches, per-person is permitted.
- Bag can be used to carry personal mobile devices (i.e. cell phone, tablets, etc.), binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, samples received, or souvenir purchases.
- All items brought through the pit or grandstand gate are subject to be searched.
Other permitted items:
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, not in a bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt.
- Blankets, rain poncho, coats & jackets, and wearable weather-related protection.
- Strollers are permitted through the gate but not allowed in the grandstand seating area. They must remain at ground level.
- Special exceptions for food & beverages can be made for infants and medical necessities. Call the Dirt Oval office (815-740-8000) at least two days prior to event to make arrangements.
Prohibited Items and Actions
The following may not enter the admission gates or be left in or around the gate area:
- Coolers, thermos, insulated cups, hydration backpacks, i.e. CamelBack, of ANY size.
- Firearms are not permitted on the Dirt Oval & Route 66 Raceway property. In Accordance with the Illinois Concealed Carry Act (Section 65 Prohibited Areas), Firearms are prohibited in (17) Any stadium, arena, or the real property or parking area under the control of a stadium, arena, or any collegiate or professional sporting event.
- Knives of ANY kind including pocket knives of ALL sizes
- Any sharp object that may be considered a weapon
- Outside food and beverages.
- Guests are not permitted to use tape (duct, Gorilla, masking, etc.) to block off, mark, or secure items (such as a blanket) in the grandstand to save seats for a group. You can tie ribbon, rope or elastic. No adhesives!
- Drugs (unless prescribed by a medical physician and medically necessary)
- Bicycles, glass containers, umbrellas, scooters, skateboards, folding chairs, laser pointers, large flag poles or pets (trained assistance animals for disabled guests are welcome).
- Seat cushions with arms or frame components
- Aerosol cans/bottles of sunblock, insect repellent, any kind. Only those in liquid pump bottles are allowed.
- Selfie Sticks, tripods/monopods, and any item(s) deemed to be an obstruction to other spectators
- Clothing with obscenities or offensive language. Lewd behavior and language will not be tolerated. Dirt Oval 66 staff reserves the right to escort any spectator from the premises without refund or exchange.
- UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE POLICY – Dirt Oval & Route 66 Raceway strictly prohibits the use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAV”), also known as a drone, for any purpose whatsoever on Raceway Property. A UAV for purposes of this policy is any aircraft without a human pilot aboard. Raceway personnel may remove anyone using a UAV on Raceway property and/or confiscate the UAV until the event is over.
ACCESSIBLE SEATING AREAS
Accessible seating areas are solely for disabled persons and their companions.
The accessible seating is intended for use by an individual with a mobility disability or other disability who requires the features of accessible seating due to a disability and that individual’s companions. The Dirt Oval reserves the right to investigate potential misuse of accessible seating and take all appropriate action, including but not limited to cancellation of your ticket.
All wheelchair seating areas include space with a folding metal chair seating for the companions. One companion can be placed with the wheelchair seated customers and any additional will be seated in the grandstands.
Guests with disabilities with a state issued license plate or window permit on their vehicles may park in the designated accessible parking lot located across from the Box Office.
NOTE: Loading areas and crosswalks (designated by yellow striping) may not be obstructed in any way. Tailgating activities that involve equipment or large assemblies of people are prohibited in loading areas, driving aisle ways and crosswalks.